Dogs are welcome at the following Ingham County Parks. All dogs must be on a 6 foot or less leash and under the immediate control of a responsible person:
- At Burchfield Park ~ you may take your dogs on the trails up to Deer Run Shelter. (There is a sign posted at that point). Dogs are allowed in canoes, however, they are counted as a person when determining canoe capacity (3). Dogs are not allowed on the swimming beach, in the pond, or on the trails.
- At McNamara Canoe Landing ~ you may take your dogs on the trails up to the cutoff. (There are signs posted at that point). Dogs are allowed in the pond, on a 6' or less leash, at this area.
- At Lake Lansing Park North ~ you may take your dogs on the trails throughout the year, however, no dogs are allowed on the ski trails during the winter when the ski trails are open. Look for the posted signs.
- Soldan Dog Park ~ you may take your dog off leash to this park. Soldan Dog Park requires use of an electronic pass card for access into the dog park. Please note an entrance fee applies. Click HERE for user fees.
- Hawk Island (with the exception of the area between the playground and the concession stand/bathhouse, which comprises of the beach and the Splash Pad® area).
- The River Trail which runs through Hawk Island on the west side of the lake from Scott Woods to Cavanaugh Road
Dogs are not allowed at:
- The Riverbend Natural Area of Burchfield Park
- Lake Lansing Park South
- Lake Lansing Boat Launch
- The area between the playground and concession stand at Hawk Island which comprises the beach and Splash Pad® area