Sarah Nicholls, Chair
Matthew Bennett, Vice-Chair
Vacant, Tri-County Regional Planning Representative
Pat Lindemann, Ingham County Drain Commissioner
Paul Pratt, Drain Commissioner Designee
Jonathan Schelke, Secretary
Commissioner Teri Banas
Commissioner Carol Koenig
MEETING INFORMATION & PACKETS
Appointed by the County Services Committee of the Ingham County Board of Commissioners for four year staggered terms. The Parks & Recreation Commission has the following authority:
(1) The Parks & Recreation Commission shall adopt and provide for the enforcement of policies and regulations covering the use of park facilities, and the conduct of persons thereon, except that such policies and regulations shall be approved by the County Attorney as to form, and that the Administrative Services/Personnel Committee of the Board of Commissioners shall be given written advance notification of the proposed adoption or modification of such proposed policies or regulations;
(2) The Parks & Recreation Commission or its designated representatives may approve and sign agreements for the rental of County park facilities, such as pavilions, ball fields, etc., without further approval of the Board of Commissioners, provided the form of such agreements are approved by the County Attorney, and such agreements do not involve consideration exceeding $5,000;
(3) The Parks & Recreation Commission may set and periodically adjust user fees and rental fees pertaining to the use of park facilities and equipment, and entrance fees, with the approval of the Board of Commissioners.
(4) The Parks & Recreation Commission shall authorize such employees as necessary to assist the Parks & Recreation Commission and the maintenance and operation of the Parks system, subject to budgetary limitations. Such persons shall be County employees and supervised by the Parks & Recreation Commission.
The Parks & Recreation Commission shall conduct meetings the third and fourth Mondays of each month (unless noted below). Meetings commence at 5:30 p.m. and are held at the Human Services Building, 5303 S. Cedar Street, Lansing, Michigan (unless otherwise noted below).
2017 Meeting Dates
- January 17, 2017 (Tuesday)
- January 23, 2017
- February 21, 2017 (Tuesday)
- February 27, 2017
- March 20, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- April 17, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- May 15, 2017
- May 22, 2017 (Meeting at Burchfield Park)
- June 19, 2017
- June 26, 2017 (Meeting at Lake Lansing South)
- July 17, 2017
- July 24, 2017 - (Meeting at Hawk Island)
- August - No Meeting
- September 18, 2017
- September 25, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- October 23, 2017
- November 13, 2017 (Second Monday)
- December 11, 2017 (Second Monday)
In the event of a special meeting, rescheduled meeting or cancellation of a regularly scheduled meeting, a notice will be posted at the Parks Department office, 121 E. Maple Street, Mason, MI 48854 and at the Ingham County Courthouse at least 18 hours prior to the time of the meeting or cancelled meeting.
Official minutes are stored and available for inspection at the address noted below. The Parks & Recreation Commission will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as interpreters for the hearing impaired and audio tapes of printed materials being considered at the meeting for the visually impaired, for individuals with disabilities at the meeting upon five (5) working days notice to the Parks & Recreation Commission. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the Parks & Recreation Commission by writing to the Ingham County Parks Department, P.O. Box 178, Mason, Michigan 48854, or by calling (517) 676-2233.